I am long time Open Source programmer trying to make the world a better place. Often I contribute to Freifunk related topics and projects. My main interest is in mesh routing and how to make it efficient and scalable.
This talk will go into more details of mesh routing.
- What are metric and who cares?
- What are the challenges when using WiFi?
- What are the limits of mesh routing?
I like to show you what the problem of mesh routing ist and how you could build your own mesh routing protocol that is good enough.
- What is Routing?
- What is a mesh network?
- Why is this an interesting problem?
- How to get from A to B without asking everybody?
A year ago I set out to test various existing mesh routing protocols on different topologies. Especially emulating huge networks are tempting, since real hardware for this is too expensive (for me). I present the story, the projects  and my findings while testing emulated mesh networks of up to 2000 nodes.
Protocol implementations tested: